Sunday, August 23, 2009

Hot Toys Terminator Salvation T-600 review



At last, my long awaited Hot Toys Terminator Salvation T-600 endoskeleton has arrived. Got it preorder long ago and now it’s finally here. Hot Toys have been pampering Terminator fans with so many figures from this summer movie Terminator Salvation. The first to come out was the t-700 endoskeleton model. Follow by the t-700 factory diorama and now the massive 14inch t-600, many more to come in the future. Tonight I’m going to give a brief review on the t-600 endoskeleton model. The t-600 was as early infiltrator terminator that created by Skynet. This massive terminator was inspired by an old Soviet Tank. Unlike the t-800 that we all know so well that have chrome surface, this t-600 looks nothing near to shiny chrome. Martin Laing wanted this old model of terminator to have a greasy, rust and dark look to it. With the shiny red eyes staring at you, this model will have a brutal look that make you pee in your pants and cry for mama if you came across one. In the first terminator movie, Kyle Reese actually mention about this t-600 model which is easier to spot with their rubbery face. Well, enough of all this terminator talks which will go on and on……. I shall cut to the chase and review this great figure that Hot Toys proudly present to us.

Packaging:

Hot toys packaging is always something I anticipate after seeing pictures of their figure prototype. They always have great design of their packaging to come with their lifelike figures. This time around, they use very hard foam that carved with a machine outlook on it. It’s the same package that they use for their t-700 package with an outer sleeve that shows the picture of t-600. Inside, the figure was place safely in the middle of the bottom cover. While the Gatling gun is well kept in a small plastic bag and attached on the upper cover.


Sculpting:

No matter how many times I look at the movie and concept art, the sculpting of this figure is accurate. From head to toe, hot toys have met the expectation of terminator fans. Everything is just so detailed and sculpted accurately like what we see in the movie. Even the ammo pack and the Gatling gun (which I will touch more about it in later part) are so detailed. The more I look at it, hot toys makes me feel like I’m in some of the movie scene where I came across this sucker gunning down on me. Hot toys have make it looks like what they show in the prototype, so you don’t need to see this figure in person as everything about the sculpting of it is so well accurate. With the size of 14inch, this t-600 does look menacing standing beside any 1/6 scale figure. The material used is just amazing, you have rubber, plastic and even pvc. I know I have already fall in love with this figure, although it’s an inferior model to the t-800 endoskeleton.

Painting:

The paint looks darker than what Hot Toys shown in the prototype pictures. However when I watch the Terminator Salvation movie, their t-600 endoskeleton have the exact color that Hot Toys used. So again, bravo to Hot Toys for meeting the accuracy of their painting. Hot toys really painted it to look like a post apocalypse war machine. With the surface rusted and some silver touch up on the piston and the fingers of the endoskeleton. It’s the paint detail that make Hot Toys figure more amazing and standout than other 1/6 figures.

Articulation:

There’s so much articulation in this figure that it somehow raise the bar for its fun factor. Everything about this figure just moves. It took me nearly 1hour just to assemble accessories and find a preferable post for it. Yes, 1hour just to post this amazing figure because it’s just so articulated, and I like to try every post that his able to offer. Every time I move the legs or the arms, the piston moves as wells. The upper body and head can move 180 degrees from left to right. The level of articulation that the head provides is just fun, as you can make the t-600 turn its head up, down, left and right, even the jaw can open or close up. Even the fingers are well articulated with very small joints to make it pose-able like human fingers. The most amazing part of articulation that I found in this figure is the shoulder. It’s just so well articulated the shoulder able to move a 360degrees and when you’re moving it forward, backward, or sideways, the piston just move together with the shoulder. It’s just so fun to examine the whole figure as it’s very, and I mean very pose-able and enables you to post your favourite menacing look that you want your t-600 endoskeleton to be.

Accessories:

The accessories given were an ammo pack that has clips to attach stably on to the back of t-600 figure and a kick ass Gatling gun to gun down Resistance soldiers. Again, everything is so way accurate that make this figure rocks so hard. Although I felt it will be quite fun if the Gatling gun can rotate like in the movies when it’s in shooting mode. But with all the articulation of this figure, one can just simply ignore it easily as the satisfaction of accuracy is way out of this world with size like that.

Value:

For a 1/6th figure that so well articulated, I felt the price is reasonable. Although plenty may argue Hot toys are at times overpriced, however I felt with the articulation and the accuracy of it’s sculpt, this is the price that you expected to get. Not to mention, you’re getting a light up figure that well articulated and artwork like statues that cost you around $157 or more is worth the money. I know I have invested smartly on this figure when I open the box.

Fragility:

The only part that is really fragile is the arms and fingers, I know I have break mine when I was too curious of the articulation. So just beware of how much you twist the arms as you don’t want to be like me, get over excited of this amazing figure and suddenly SNAP. So do the fingers, you don’t want to put too much pressure on it and make it break.

Overall:

I will give this figure a 4 and half star as it’s so well articulated and comes with light up feature just make me hard to pass it. Any terminator fan must have it as this is the only t-600 figure that looks so amazing and hot toys have really nailed it big time. There will be more version of the t-600 coming out, the Martin Laing version and the rubber face, somehow I feel I have make a right thing to have this guy preorder. The ammo pack is movie accurate and the Gatling gun is also how it supposes to be in the movie. With terminator salvation movie shown and die hard fans still into terminator although the movie does not get a good reception, the terminator toys is still so in demand. So if there is a small part of mind stopping you to get it, don’t think twice, just go out and get it because the price of this thing will be skyrocket once the demand is there. I know I have regret of getting the hot toys t-800 figure as the price right now is ridiculously price out. I love my t-600 figure now and hope you will get it as it’s been a great addition to my collectibles.

P/s : Better photo coming soon :)


As we have promised, this is our latest photos of T-600.








3 comments:

  1. Looks great and great review. Will be collecting mine today...yipee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comments,it's a great figure, still playing with mine....keke

    ReplyDelete